Steps to follow during the application process
Applying to WMS takes time and preparation. Our priority admissions deadline was January 31, 2023. If you have any questions during the application process, please email the Admissions team.
We encourage you to read the following steps in detail to know what to expect during this process:
1. attend a Campus tour or open house
Touring is the best way to learn more about our Montessori programs and is a required step of the application process. Tour registration is now open online for select program levels (see our Visit WMS page to register). Families may also choose to attend an Open House to fulfill this requirement.
Applications will not be considered until you have completed this step. We encourage prospective families to register for a tour or Open House prior to submitting an application.
2. Submit an application
Applications for the 2023-2024 school year may be submitted anytime from October 10, 2022 through January 31, 2023. Our priority application deadline was January 31, 2023. In order to be considered for admission, the application and all supporting documents (see #3 below) must be received by the priority application deadline.
For the upcoming 2023-2024 school year:
- Toddler (18-36 months) - Applications are closed & the wait pool is full.
- Early Childhood (2.5-6 years) - Kindergarten (age 5 by Sept. 1, 2023, & Woodinville Campus only) applications are open. Preschool (PS) applications are closed & the wait pool is full.
- Elementary (grades 1-6) - Applications are open.
- Middle School (grades 7-8) - Applications are open.
- High School (grades 9-12) - Applications are open.
WMS highly recommends families dedicate time to completing the parent and/or student questionnaires within the application.
To apply, visit the WMS FACTS application portal. The non-refundable application fee is $100 per student.
3. Application requirements
You will be asked to submit/complete the following with your application. Without these components, your application will not be considered:
- Teacher Evaluation: required for all program levels (except Toddler), must be received by the priority admissions deadline and before your scheduled Student Visit.
- If your Early Childhood-aged student has not yet attended daycare or preschool, you may request this step to be waived by contacting the Admissions department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Progress Reports/Report Cards: required for all program levels except Toddler and Early Childhood, must be received by the priority admissions deadline and before your scheduled Student Visit.
- Student Visit: a half or full-day classroom visit for your student applying to Kindergarten and above; students applying for Early Childhood (pre-Kindergarten) will have a parent/student 15-minute visit. These visits are scheduled after WMS receives your application and teacher evaluation/progress reports (if applicable). Student Visits and Parent/Student Visits may take place after January 31, 2023.
- Parent/Guardian Interview: parents/guardians may be interviewed to collect required information as part of the application process. Parent/guardian interviews may take place after January 31, 2023.
4. RecEIve an admissions decision
WMS will release admission decision notifications via email to all applicants who apply by January 31, 2023 for the 2023-2024 school year on March 17, 2023.
Applications and required supporting documents that are submitted after the priority deadline of January 31, 2023 will be considered on a space-available basis.
View our Consideration Factors page for more information about how WMS makes admissions decisions and our wait pool process.