Our community exists to nurture creative, conscientious and productive individuals committed to caring for themselves, one another and the environment in an ever-changing, global society.
We Strive To Offer
- The highest educational standards
- A personalized educational experience
- Excellent teachers and low student/teacher ratios
- Strong collaboration between students, parents, teachers and staff
- Development of strong personal values and cooperative social skills
- An atmosphere that celebrates and honors diversity
- Teachers are trained to carefully observe and respect children’s individual needs and interests.
- Students move at their own pace, and receive individualized assessment.
- Environments are prepared with thoughtful, hands-on, Montessori materials.
- Multi-age classrooms mean younger children learn readily from older children, and older children develop mastery of skills by teaching.
- The curriculum fosters community awareness and social responsibility.
- Children naturally develop self-discipline and a love of learning.
- Club House - before and after school care from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Summer and vacation programs
- Extracurricular activities such as visual arts, chess, yoga, orienteering, drama and clay-animation.
- Field trips or classroom enrichment programs varying according to age level and the topics under study.
Woodinville Montessori School is fully accredited through 12th grade by NWAIS. WMS is accredited by AMS for students aged 18 months to 17 years, and approved by Washington state through 12th grade. Learn more about the school's accreditations here.
Our families choose to come to WMS from a broad swath of zip codes, for example (but not limited to), Bellevue, Bothell, Brier, Carnation, Duvall, Edmonds, Everett, Kenmore, Kent, Kirkland, Lake Forest Park, Lake Stevens, Lynnwood, Maple Valley, Mill Creek, Monroe, Mukilteo, Redmond, Seattle, Snohomish, Snoqualmie and Woodinville.
Download more information about the school and its guiding principles.