COVID-19: WMS updates
WMS has implemented a mask-optional policy for all students and staff starting March 14, 2022 following the end of the statewide indoor and school mask mandate. All visitors are required to mask while indoors at WMS.
WMS COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for On-Site Employees, Contractors & Volunteers
WMS will comply with Governor Inslee’s directive that all on-site school employees, contractors and volunteers be vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain a religious or medical exemption. The primary goal of a vaccination policy is to create the safest possible environment for students and staff, with a focus on protecting those that are not yet eligible and those that are not able to get vaccinated. A person who has been exempted from vaccination is considered at risk for contracting and spreading the disease and will be excluded from direct contact with students.
Risk mitigation measures
Woodinville Montessori School has worked hard to put in place many measures that we expect to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19.
- We made adjustments to the North Creek campus HVAC system to increase the flow of fresh air. At the Woodinville campus, classroom windows can open to admit fresh air. The use of open windows will be monitored to ensure that classrooms maintain a reasonable temperature.
- We require daily health screening of students and staff – Using a screening app called QManager, we check that all staff and students have been screened for multiple symptoms of COVID-19. This includes temperature checks. In addition to a screening app, we are visually screening students when they arrive. If we feel that there is a need to do an additional temperature check then we will do so in the parking lot.
- If a child shows symptoms during the school day staff will do a temperature check, move child to health room and contact parents/guardians for pick up.
- Staff and students are required to wash hands on arrival at the school.
- There is increased availability of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer so that everyone on campus can clean hands as needed.
- We have assigned a bathroom to each cohort group to prevent accidental co-mingling.
- Each cohort group will have their own water jugs or pitchers for classroom use. No water fountains will be available for student use, again to prevent accidental co-mingling.
- We reduced the number of students in rooms to ensure that all students have work spaces that are six feet apart from each other or we have moved classes to larger spaces so that we can meet social distancing guidelines.
- We are offering increased sick leave for staff so that they can stay home if they are sick.
- If symptoms appear during the day for staff they will be sent home immediately.