The Woodinville Montessori School Family Alliance (FA) is the organized link among parents, classrooms and school administration. The Family Alliance serves to support the school by helping to welcome new families, promoting volunteerism and planning social activities. Every WMS family is automatically a member of Family Alliance and is encouraged to be an active participant.
Heading into the 2020-2021 school year, we invite and encourage you all to participate in parent/guardian virtual socials, join in on community education workshops, and jump in when and where you can.
Family Alliance Committees for 2020-2021
- Executive Committee
- sets dates for Family Alliance meetings and events
- oversees the Family Alliance budget
- coordinates communications between Family Alliance and administration, and Family Alliance and families
- promotes volunteerism and coordinates volunteers
- connects different committees and supports event planning.
- President: Traci Weygandt
- Vice President: Kristin Duin
Room Parent Coordinator
- manages communications and best practices for room parents
Chair: Belinda Tiberio
Community Education Workshop Committee
- coordinates community education workshop series
Chair: Cheryl Tsalapatanis
Teacher and Staff Appreciation Committee
- organizes several luncheons throughout the year for the school staff and faculty to enjoy
- coordinates other acts of gratitude and appreciation for school staff and faculty (such as flowers, gift cards, etc).
Chair: Labiba Khan
Fall Festival Committee
- Fall Festival is a fun Saturday in October filled with activities for all ages.
Gingerbread Festival Committee
- Gingerbread Festival is a Saturday morning in December with lots of fun and holiday spirit.
Chair: Christina Bernal
Lantern Festival Committee
- A cultural celebration of Ramadan/Eid with fun and activities for all.
Co-chairs: Labiba Khan and Amany Hasan