WMS has thrived because of our exceptional and caring community. Families before us have carried on the tradition and modeled for our children the importance of volunteering and community engagement and we appreciate the continued work of our families to support the school.
Every volunteer hour put in helps our school create community, allows parent and teacher connection, and alleviates some of the demands placed on teachers and administration in order to do what they do best – educate our children.
We ask that each family provide 20 hours volunteer service per year. Many will give beyond that, further strengthening the school and family partnership. Volunteering is a great way to get to know other families while at the same time setting a good example for our children.
To view current volunteer opportunities, please visit: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050B48AEA823AAFA7-wmsvolunteer1
Log Volunteer Hours
To submit your volunteer hours, simply follow the steps below:
- Sign into Family Portal
- In your account, find Family on the left sidebar, expand the arrow and click on Family Home.
- On the Family Home screen, the service hours module will be the center top panel on your screen.
- You may see a dropdown above the module to select your name or your partner’s name, if you wish to specifically credit the service hours.
- Click “Add+” on the upper right of the module.
- Choose a description of your service from the dropdown. (If you are unsure, choose "Other.")
- Add a brief note to add detail (if desired).
- “Verified by” can be the person in charge of the task (teacher/staff) or leave it blank.
- Save the entry.
- A tip: to record more than one occasion of service hours, save and return to the previous “enter volunteer hours” page. Otherwise, you will be editing—and over-writing—the current entry.
- Contact Director of Development, Laureen Ng at email@example.com, with any issues or questions about recording your volunteer hours.
In addition, if your employer offers monetary donations to match your volunteer hours, we would be grateful if you would request those donations on behalf of WMS. Details can be found by consulting your company’s HR specialist. Thank you!