All parents are members of the Family Alliance
Parental involvement is essential to the quality of education WMS provides. Every parent and/or guardian at WMS belongs to the Family Alliance (FA). Upon their student's enrollment, each WMS family agrees to actively contribue a minimum of 20 volunteer hours for the school.
The Family Alliance cultivates the growth and development of the Woodinville Montessori community. It aims to:
- enhance communications among parents/guardians, faculty, staff and the school’s Board of Trustees;
- serve as a way for parents to support WMS students, teachers, staff and classroom programs/activities;
- build a sense of community among WMS families, teachers and staff, and create a "family atmosphere" through social events;
- promote community involvement and positive public awareness of the school by helping to organize our involvement in community service and community celebrations;
- facilitate and promote fundraising with the school’s Advancement Office for school program enrichment and operation of the school; and
- acknowledge and represent all members of our community.
For over 20 years, Family Alliance has responded to the school's needs, guided by the WMS mission statement for all activities. Please participate in whatever way you can in the school's many events and activities. Each year, families may sign up for specific opportunities on the Parent Participation Form offered during registration period for the following year.
All parents/ guardians, faculty and staff are welcome to attend and participate in Family Alliance meetings, to learn about what's happening within the WMS Family Alliance. Some of the ways to contribute include:
- help to plan, organize and present the annual auction/gala
- march in the Celebrate Woodinville Parade each August
- host the annual Welcome Back to School Coffees
- serve as a Parent Ambassador
- present the Art of Fall Festival in October
- help with Teacher Staff Appreciation events (in photo)
- help present Crocs and Crafts Early Childhood family evening
- organize WMS Nights at sports events.