From the earliest days of Woodinville Montessori School, parents have contributed generously to enrich the programs offered to their own children, and in doing so, they have also contributed to the education your child will receive. We invite you to continue building this legacy.
WMS is an independent, non-profit, tax-exempt organization that receives no public funding. As such, the school is dependent upon financial support from parents, faculty, alumni, grandparents and others to enrich its programs and improve its facilities. Each gift is important, and no gift is too large or too small.
You may support Woodinville Montessori School through a variety of ways:
- Annual Giving Program - this annual program is the cornerstone of philanthropy at WMS. Funds from the Annual Giving Program are unrestricted and benefit students immediately by supporting our highest operational priorities and most critical needs.
- Auction - the annual dinner and auction is held each spring and is a fun way to get involved, either through the donation of products and services, time spent helping with classroom projects, or with spirited bidding at the event. Proceeds from the auction are temporarily restricted, meaning they must be used specifically for enrichment, such as special school programs, curriculum development, professional development of staff, classroom equipment, and scholarships.
- Capital Improvements through special campaign gifts - from time to time the school embarks on special campaigns to advance our mission. Currently, the Campaign for WMS is underway to transform the business park into a permanent, purpose-build learning environment for today's students and future generations. Capital Campaigns are conducted periodically by independent schools to make significant improvements to the physical space of the school through construction or renovation. Gifts to Capital Campaigns are typically larger than those to the Annual Giving Program and pledged over a period of several years.
- In-kind Gifts, donations of tangible personal property or equipment such as computers, software, materials, books, etc., are also welcome.
- Shopper Rebates are made to the school for purchases or transactions you make at participating retailers such as Albertsons or Target. For a list of retailers click here.
- Matching Contributions are available by many employers, who match their employees' contributions. Such programs can effectively double or even triple your donation to the school.
Your gifts and involvement send a powerful message of support, and help shape the future of our school. To learn more about how to get involved, or for instructions on how best to structure your gifts, contact Beth Bazley, Director of Development, at (425) 482-3184, x325, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Whoever touches the life of the child touches the most sensitive point of the whole which has roots in the most distant past and climbs toward the infinite future.”
– Maria Montessori
|Annual Giving Donation Form.pdf|